When’s the last time you had a night out with your partner--just the two of you? We don’t mean putting on your jeans for a trip to your favorite restaurant and getting back home by 9pm. We’re talking the ultimate date night. A night out where you get to don tuxes and gowns to experience a four-course meal with free flow, exciting entertainment, the chance to win prizes and support a worthy cause.
On December 3rd at the Kerry Hotel, the 25th Brawl on the Bund will take place. We’ve been told that this year’s event is a special edition. Get ready for “Enter the Dragon,” with interactive entertainment planned for the renowned fight night, exclusively for Shanghai guests.
The stage is set and we’ve got some information and recommendations for you to have an amazing night:
1. There will be boxing! White-collar (male and female) athletes who’ve trained for months with no prior boxing experience will battle it out in the ring for three rounds. You might be surprised to discover you know some of them, and how your own competitive spirit kicks in once the bell goes off.
2. Delicious food in a top hotel with free flow cocktails beer and wine! We had you at free flow, didn’t we? On nights like this, water is your best friend. Oh and definitely not the time to eat daintily. You’re at a boxing match-eat the entire meal, including dessert. Free flow is awesome, but not on an empty stomach.
3. Who doesn’t feel special when they’re dressed in black tie? Getting glammed up with your spouse is a win/win. Don’t forget to take photos to remind yourselves of how great you look when you take the time to get dressed up. And ladies, bring a pair of flats/flip flops in your bag for the trip home-the heels look awesome, but its great to have an extra pair of comfy shoes for later.
4. Great auction and raffle items will be on hand, which means you can get a head start on holiday gift buying.
5. Feel virtuous because you’re supporting an important cause. This year’s beneficiary, More Than Aware (MTA), is a healthy lifestyle support group that empowers women to be proactive in the prevention and recovery of breast cancer.
We’ve been to a couple of these events in the past (big boxing fans) and have always had fun. In the end, isn’t that what makes for a great date night, having fun with our significant other?
For ticket information call +86 134-8278-2933 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don't have your own dress? No problem. Bridal gown and cocktail dress supplier Ms. Paris offers a selection of high-end brands for very reasonable prices. They just opened a new shop on JiuJiang Lu, with more room to browse and more on offer. Try on the dresses, find one you like and either leave with it or have it sent to your house. They even provide the packaging details to return the dress by mail.
English Address: 501 JiuJiang Lu, Space 102 (Near FuJian Middle Rd)
Chinese Address: 九江路501号102室，近山西南
South Bund Fabric Market
Tuxes, suits, dress shirts, coats, dresses and so much more. We recommend tailors Tom and Jenny, a great couple who work together to create any kind of clothing for any event.
English Address: 399, LuJiaBang Lu (near Nancang Jie), 1F #138
Chinese Address: 南外滩轻纺面料市场, 陆家浜路399号, 近南仓街
Stylish designer shoes as well as the store's own brand at great prices, with a large selection of Western sizes. A great place for those of us with a shoe size greater than 39.
English Address: 139 Anting Lu, near Jianguo Xi Lu, Xuhui district
Chinese Address: 安亭路139号, 近建国西路