Whenever the season changes, Disneytown does too! With the gorgeous spring weather upon us it’s the perfect opportunity to take your family to Disneytown and experience the dedicated leisure destination which has more than meets the eye.
Since its grand opening, Disneytown is looking to celebrate their first spring season filled with a combination of unique things that will keep you and your family happy and busy throughout the day and even enjoy nighttime extravaganza’s too!
8 Reasons to Get Excited About Spring and Disneytown
1. Disneytown is Free! That’s right, perfectly situated right next to the main gates of Disneyland is an amazing town filled with world-class dining options, shops for shopaholics, lively entertainment and nature retreats to relax in.
2. The charming pedestrian streets which overflow with musicians and performers that create an exciting atmosphere for all ages. You can also indulge in what can be called a timeless village and perfect for a mini getaway!
3. Character performance! See Goofy entertain the town and greet customers. You’ll be sure to take a picture-perfect shot for your collection of memories! He is scheduled on Mondays to Thursdays (18:20 – 18:45) and Fridays to Sundays (18:20 – 18:45; 19:20 – 19:45)
4. Kids Activities! If you’re looking for some things to do to keep the kids busy, there’s a whole lot of activities in the Disneytown Kids Corner including Lego, Build-A-Bear, Bape and more. These will definitely keep them occupied and smiling!
5. Bike around the Wishing Star Park lake to witness the astounding view. Family bikes are ¥50 per hour (2 adults + 1 child) or large bikes for ¥100 per hour (4 adults). And hey, why not bring your picnic blanket and have a lovely catch up on the green lawn areas with your friends and family while enjoying the warmer weather?
6. THE LION KING MUSICAL: Add an artistic feel to your visit by going to see the first-ever Mandarin stage presentation of one of the most praised musicals of all time, The Lion King.
7. Music fan? There is a Live Pop band that plays lively local and western pop music on the Disneytown Stage of the Marketplace district. You won’t be able to keep the kids from dancing and singing to their favorite pop tunes!
8. Dine at world-class restaurants of your choice. You’ll be blown away by the large choice of some of the most popular international restaurants and coffee houses in town. Including Blue Frog Bar & Grill, Coconut Paradise, The Cheesecake Factory, Hatsune, and you can enjoy a spectacular nightime show from the balcony of Wolfgang Puck Kitchen + Bar.
So, start saying goodbye to winter clothes, double layers and the typical city trip you had planned and head out to Disneytown for a magical spring day.
How to get there:
Metro Line 11 stops right at Disney Resort Station and for those car drivers there is a parking fee of ¥30 per vehicle after 1pm.